My Community Health Center (MCHC) is responding to the concern around novel coronavirus (CO VID 19) by following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health recommendations. Information is changing quickly, and we are following updates closely.
Please be advised of the following:
Currently testing is reserved for the following patients:
- Patient has fever or signs/symptoms of lower respiratory illness, (e.g., cough or shortness of breath) AND has had close contact with a laboratory‐confirmed COVID‐19 patient within 14 days of symptom onset.
- Patient has fever and signs/symptoms or lower respiratory illness, (e.g. cough or shortness of breath) AND a history of travel from affected geographic areas with widespread or sustained community transmission within 14 days of symptom onset AND is hospitalized.
- Patient has fever with severe acute lower respiratory illness (e.g., pneumonia, ARDS as evidenced by imaging) AND lack of alternative diagnosis (e.g., negative respiratory viral panel, negative rapid flu) AND is hospitalized.
- Patients who have upper respiratory symptoms but do not meet the other criteria listed above should contact MCHC so that we can best determine how to help you.
- Most patients with mild illnesses will be managed via phone with advice on how to handle symptoms and instructions on when/where to seek in-person medical attention.
- The most up-to-date information can be found at the new website for CDC updates on COVID-19, Coronavirus.gov.
If you need to come to the office and have respiratory symptoms:
- Notify the staff immediately on arrival
- Wear a mask
- Try and stay at least 6 feet away from other patients.
- We are experiencing higher than normal volumes of calls. We appreciate your patience as we attempt to care for all our patients.
- Our response to the coronavirus continues to evolve. We are now limiting visitors. One person may accompany the patient to the exam room. Others will be asked to wait in the waiting room. If you are alone with children, the children will be permitted to remain with you.